New Version - Guidelines related to the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
Edition 2.1 Guide to application of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
This Update to the 2nd Edition of the Guide, further named Edition 2.1, has been completed to include the amendments made to the Machinery Directive by the Directive 2009/127/EC on Pesticide Equipment and the Regulation (EU) No 167/2013 on the approval and market surveillance of agricultural and forestry vehicles (Tractors).
In addition, guidance on “partly completed machinery” and “assemblies” has been added, as well as inserting clarifications and corrections to the concepts of "safety components'', "new and used machinery", "marking of machinery".
A number of key guidance decisions of the Machinery Working Group have been incorporated into this text, like
- Safety fences as safety components under the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Classification of equipment used for lifting loads with lifting machinery
- Emergency stop devices
- Guards for drilling machines
- Manually loaded trucks for the collection of household refuse incorporating a compression mechanism
- Interchangeable equipment for lifting persons and equipment used with machinery designed for lifting goods for the purpose of lifting persons
Edition 2.1 - July 2017